re: Gregory Water pack

Linda Flemmer wrote:
>>I just rode with my new Gregory water pack today & I'm quite happy.  I
got a fanny pack with a 110 oz water bladder & bite tube for drinking
water.  (This is to replace my much smaller camelback shoulder pack.)

I got a Mirage by Gregory 3 or 4 weeks ago, which also replaced a
Camelback that I used for over a year.  This thing is great!  The model I
have is called a 'Baja Rig' and is actually a very light backpack with
several pockets to hold keys, Power Bars, maps, and so on.  It holds a
120 ounce water bladder that is inexpensively replaced if it fails.   The
bladder fits in its own nylon sack before it is put inside the pack.
Seems very durable.  The rigging is excellent and distributes the weight
evenly.  Most important is that it keeps the pack in place with no
bouncing around as we ride - unlike the Camelback that bounced and
sloshed with every stride at the trot and  had straps that moved around
and pinched.   I've used it in a number of training rides, one 50-mile
endurance ride in high heat and humidity, and while riding 'safety' at
the IAHA National CTR this weekend.   It is very nice to be be able to do
a long ride comfortably without running out of water.  I got it at the
local 'Sports Authority' superstore during a sale so it only cost about
$15 more than my Camelback - but what an improvement!

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia
email:   benamil@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]