AERC Bylaws

>I see nothing wrong with the BOD using the internet, for handling the AERC
>business that comes up during the year.  As our organization continues to
>grow there will be more problems that must be handled other than at the mid
>year and annual convention.  The interent is alot cheaper that the
>conference calls!

Just curious, but why is it necessary to change the bylaws?
If a conference call is in accordance with the rules regarding
meetings to discuss issues, why does a new technology need
a special provision?  Is there something that says only voice
communication is in accordance with the rules?  What happens
when the next new communication process comes out? Will we have
to change the bylaws each and every time?  Talk about wasting
money.  I'll bet that when you add up the cost of changing
the bylaws, it is much more than a few phone calls.  Time is
money after all.

And we don't live in a democracy, nor is the AERC a democracy.
We live in a republic, with a representative form of government.
How many of you voted to spend too many thousands of dollars on
that computer data base program?  I didn't.  The Board of Directors
did.

--
Wendy

                    \|/
          /\        -O-
         /**\       /|\
        /****\   /\
       /      \ /**\   Here there be dragons

 Wendy Milner                     HPDesk:   wendy_milner@hp4000
 Hewlett-Packard Company          e-mail:   wendy@fc.hp.com
 Mail Stop A2-5UB3                Telnet:   898-2182
 3404 E. Harmony Rd.              AT&T:     (970) 898-2182
 Fort Collins, CO, 80528-9599     FAX:      (970) 898-2038