RE: Yearbook

>My older gelding will not be returning to compete since he is 25 years
old.  I wanted to have my new mare >to have his old number.  Nope no can
do. She now has a 5 digit number with a prefix of H. I'll never >memorize
that. Its a mental thing I know.
>But it may be a management thing. his to has its problems.
>The route they are taking is the safer one. No one gets left out, ever.
>Its one of those times when you kinda have to be in their shoes.
>Joy

Joy,
Welcome to the information age.  It is much easier to maintain data bases
and develop new database application if not two varmits have the same
number.  Computes don'e care if they are four digets, five digets precceded
by and "H", or 20 digets for that matter.

Alas progress has finally caught up with endurance riding!

Truman