Treeless Sports Saddle

I'm thinking of buying a treeless saddle and would like to know if anyone can
give me info.  I have a very wide three year old colt that I would like to
start this year.  I can't imagine a standard tree fitting over those withers
without some type of problem - even if custom fitted.  Therefore, I thought
perhaps a treeless saddle would be the way to go.  He is also very short
backed and I worried about the length.  I realize he will still grow but I'm
just trying to think ahead - and you know what kind of trouble that can get
you into !!!

I currently use a Skyhorse on my other two horses with no problem even though
they have different builds - one is rather thick and the other slatty.  Other
than some mid-season padding changes I have had excellent results with this
saddle.  I have put this saddle on Bravo but even without weight I can tell it
won't do.

Please let me know what you think.....