Re: horse fell off mountain in CA?

The accident happened a few years ago when someone tried to go down to
the River at the East end of the Mountain Quarries (No-Hands) Railroad
Bridge over  the American River.  The piece was re-enacted on a show
aired on National TV.  All worked out ok.

The harness was developed by Dr. Madigan of UC Davis and the helicopter
was provided by the same firm and pilot ~ Scott baker ~ that provides
"stand-by" services during the Western States Trail Ride.

Needless to say, if a rider needs this type of service during the Ride,
all costs are borne by the rider.

Hope the foregoing answers your question.

Larry Suddjian, Ride Director
WSTF
http://www.foothill.net/tevis