Re: Stallions in Endurance

Angie:

I rode several stallions in competition. First you have to realize you
competitiveness will be a determining factor on how you approach the rides.
If you are content to be "in the pack" then you should not have much
trouble. You will have to make your stallion realize that mares "have the
right of way" at water holes and in vet stops but that should be no
trouble.

Should you decide to be competitive you are in for trouble. Now I speak
from experience. Top competition will cause you much in the way of
problems. You will have to "RIDE EVERY HORSE AROUND YOU" . What do I mean
by that?  The other top competitors with mares (and geldings) will crowd at
water holes and vet checks eliciting a stallion response from your animal
and then complain. On the trail they will ride closely to upset your horse.

Now, I will not say they do this with evil intent, it just happens (like
s**t happens). Be prepared, have a stiff upper lip, tough skin, and I hope
you do not end up gelding like I did.

Been there, got fed up with it, and will not do it anymore!!!

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID