Re: Just curious/survival skills (Was: search & rescue/kicking incident)

For one thing, if I remember correctly, she was bleeding to the point
that she was pale, the last thing that you want to do is let that foot
hang from a bouncing horse!!!!  I just got over a sprained ankle and a
week after the accident I tried to ride and could barely stand the pain,
I couldn't imagine riding with it broke right after I did it.  Besides
not wanting it to bleed more, don't you think that it would be quite the
risk to let her get back on the horse, what if she fell off.  As weak as
she was she could have broke her arm or her neck or hit her head bad.  I
think you definatly made the right decision by going for help!!!  Good
job!!!

Angie

 As I can't for the life of me figure out why she didn't just ride
> her horse back to the barn.  RIding with a broken leg is not what one
> normally elects to do, but getting off to find out what the problem is
> with the understanding that this may leave you stranded out away from
> assistance for a long time is not what I would consider a better
choice.