Re: Just curious/survival skills (Was: search & rescue/kicking incident)

Sorry, but now that I've read story after story and picked myself up (do that
a lot) off the floor from laughing, I'll remember my survival skills next
time. Bugs, yum. Self splints, right. (I taught first aid for 20 yrs). When I
snapped my foot off, T stopped, I didn't. (does anyone out there make velcro
chaps), I was thrilled to have cell phones nearby. My first instinct was
survival...jump, don't fall. Opps, bad move. Don't stand.
Hold horse, talk to him. Sing out for help any means possible. Yes, it could
have been much worse. You all know and respect a lady rider whose horse landed
on her a few years back. She bailed taking the best of the worst and was
really thrilled with her rescue (she waited). Broken bones...immediate
immobilization, possible elevation. Blue faces, clear airways try CPR...T.G.
for cell phones, radios and riding in organized rides. Few of us are hardy
enough to keep up with the Cross America folks doing their online stories.
Keep the shiney sides up. And thanks for helping my insomnia.