Re: Weigh Stations & Horse Trailers

At 09:37 PM 5/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Fine, and when YOU are FINED for not having a log
>book, don't ask for MY sympathy!  It IS happening
>and will happen even more. Our dear US Government
>is cracking down on highway enforcement.  I
>figure, since they increased the speed limit and
>can't collect as much $$ from speeders, they will
>get us another way.

Teddy,

The US Government doesn't collect for speeders.

When we drove back an forth to Utah last two years the only place that
really cared was FL - at the POE ag check station. Then it was the health
papers.  They didn't want horse trailers clogging up their scales.   We did
stop at the POE's in most western states and were asked "are you carring
livestock to be sold in that state." The answer was no and the response was
"See ya".  The only place that even looked at the health was the Utah POE
on Int 80 and they really didn't look at it the shoved me a form to fill
out.  But from the FL border to ag check station on the Utah/CO border we
did not see a) an ag check station, b) stop at a weight station or c) have
a problem.  We did stop at the WO POE, Utah POE and CO POE - coming from
Utah.  There doesn't seem to be a CO POE coming from Kansas on I-70.  The
states we drove through those two years were were GA, TN, KY, Ill, Kansas,
CO, Utah, WO, OK, TX, LA, ARK, NM, MO and Miss.

Many of the current horse trailers out there are certified as RV's in all
50 states - I know Sundowner is.  So the RV regs apply.

Truman