Re: ride wear

>I've heard horror stories, though, of people doing a 50 in running
>tights
>and having to painfully peel the seam out of their seriously-abraded
>skin
>at the end of the ride.  Where can you find tights with no inner seams
>except in a tack catalog?  Tell me if you know, becuase I'm sure
>they'd be
>cheaper!

Don't know about them, but I buy $10 exercise tights at K-Mart and never
had a problem with the seam...even on the 100.  I do wear them out.  Go
through a pair or so per year.  The pair I have right now are patched to
death.  They don't ever get runs though, just tears.

When I did the 100 at Long Leaf was the first time I'd ever had problems
with the backs of my thighs chafing.  Of course this was after I had sat
on a wet sponge at one point.  By the 70 mile mark I had what looked like
tiny blisters on backs of my legs.  Seemed like I was getting too much
movement.  I changed into a pair I'd brought as backups that I usually
considered too tight (for you who are REALLY into name dropping...I think
they were the "Jaclyn Smith" models)  They were fine.

Angie...off to buy another cheapo pair tomorrow.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]