Re: ride wear

> The nylon-Lycra
> tights were much too hot and actually scalded my skin on hot days. The cotton-
> Lycra ones are much more comfortable in my opinion.

I think it depends on where you are, dry heat vs. humid heat (probably
personal preference too).  On the Gulf Caost, where both temp & humidity
stay in the high 90s May-Sep, the cotton-lycra tights are much too hot &
heavy, they don't breathe well at all, and I think they are miserable.  I
like them during the winter, but not in summer.  The Kerritts I wear are
much cooler, even in dark colors.

> Tights do not cut the
> wind, so if the weather is foul, I pull on a pair of Supplex wind pants, such
> as runners use. Works great!

The Kerritts also repel weater somehow (aren't these microfibers great?),
so I can wear them in the rain with my PolarFleece pullover and am comfy,
and wear them with temps down to the 40s without long johns underneath.
I haven't worn them in a heavy rainstorm for any extended length of time,
but I have worn them quite a bit in the rain without getting wet.  Ditto
for hosing off the horse -- the water beads up on the outside without
soaking in.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL