Re: ride wear

<< What is the best brand/type of cotton-lycra tights?

I don't know about the vaious brands out on the market.  Mine are Carousel
brand, but there are many others, so I would suggest you look around and try
on.  I buy mine through Sportack in Walnut Creek (CA) because I need a little
special alteration, and through Sportack, the manufacturers do this for me. I
need about 1 and 1/2 inches extra in the back rise, so that when I ride or
bend over the tights don't pull down too low. The kind I buy have polar fleece
lining in the crotch and on the inside of the knees. Add a pair of Ariat
Performers, suede half-chaps, and I'm ready for anything.  The nylon-Lycra
tights were much too hot and actually scalded my skin on hot days. The cotton-
Lycra ones are much more comfortable in my opinion. Tights do not cut the
wind, so if the weather is foul, I pull on a pair of Supplex wind pants, such
as runners use. Works great!

BMc