Re: Heat and humidity

In a message dated 98-05-05 16:20:10 EDT, ramey@wvi.com writes:

<< Truman, was there any concern regarding the use of ICE water on hot
 muscles?  Out here it's sort of taboo, especially on the broad muscle of
 the hindquarters.

 Ramey

Actually, Ramey, the Nance family used ice water very effectively out here on
the occasions when humidity was up, but they were before your time.  The main
reason it is not normally used here is that we don't usually need it.  The
Nances were from the Midwest, though, and understood how to use it--never saw
a problem with it, and have used it myself on a couple of occasions when the
humidity was well beyond our desert norms.

Heidi