Re: Needed: Stirrup leathers with low buckle

Sally Aungier wrote:

> I've finally found an english endurance saddle (Smith Worthington) that my
> little wide arab, Lella, and I can agree on.
> I find that with the wide tree the buckle for my english leathers is
> extremely noticeable.  When I drop the buckle down it's fine.

We used our same old stirrup leathers and simply slid the buckle down to the
front part of the stirrup!  No buckle under our leg, it didn't annoy the horse,
and we saved $$ that went towards ride entries instead.

I have seen stirrup leathers that have a hook to the saddle, but I thought that
they needed as special attachment on the saddle to accept them.  (They're on
the cheap synthetic saddles?)

Linda Flemmer