thanks, guys!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who sent nice posts after I
skewered my hand this past week.  I went for a re-check this morning and
the doctor said it was healing incredibly quickly, it looked like a
ten-day old injury, not a four day one.  I told him I ride endurance, we
have to learn to do that, otherwise we'd *never* be able to ride. <g>
Anyway, now I'm just getting funny looks from people because I found the
best way to protect the hand and keep it clean was to just wear my
riding glove over the dressing, plus then I have to also wear the other
glove so I don't look like Michael Jackson.  So I've been doing
everything with gloves on and people think I'm nuts.  Oh well, they're
probably not all that far wrong.

BTW, on another, only-related-to-endurance-by-the-skin-of-our-teeth
subject, wish Kathy Swigart and I luck on Wednesday---we're taking our
two endurance Anglo-Arabian kids to the Del Mar National Horse Show to
pretend we're not Arab people and show in the hunter conformation
classes.  Kathy with her yearling Philip and me with Dakota, aka
Spudnuts, aka George of the Jungle.  So if anyone hears a report on the
news about a horse that crawled onto a barn roof to chase the pigeons or
that trampled a judge or barnstormed the snack stand so he could gobble
all the potato chips...relax, it's just Dakota out for a day in the
park.

Since I couldn't do much else with my hand the other day, I spent the
afternoon teaching Dakota to stand with a paper bag over his head.  I
think I'll just tear two little eye-holes in it and show him as the
Unknown Arab.

Anyway, thanks again for all the get-well wishes.

Susan Garlinghouse and Spudnuts
(and Cato and Katy and Rosie the Refugee)