Re: crape myrtle and horses

Thanks for the info, Nora. I have been told that neither the leaves nor flowers
are harmful to horses.
I am planning to plant one of these trees at  the Mt. Miguel Equestrian Center in
Bonita, Ca. as a memorial for my daughter, Arletta Davis. She died on April 19 ,
l998 from complications of HIV/Aides she never knew she had.  I have a business
called "Just for horsin-round". Arletta and I would go to the  the different
horse shows and Endurance and NATRC rides here in So. Cal. The people at Mt.
Miguel helped me start my business and have always been very supportive of us. I
have wanted to do something for both the people and the stables for awhile now
and this just seems to be a fitting response.

Happy riding,
Evelyn Hartman