Re: Trouble finding reliable farrier : (

>From ridecamp@endurance.net Thu Apr 23 09:38:44 1998

>To: ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>

>HA! "reliable farrier" is an oxymoron!!! Find the best quality of work
and

>then do whatever it takes (almost:) to get them to show up- cash,
nagging,

>coffee, music... -Amy

>I'm new to ridecamp and this is the first message I've attempted to
post so I hope I'm doing this right.  I've been following the 'farrier'
discussion with interest and am a bit surprised that no farriers have
joined in..  However, I'm a farrier (20 years) and an endurance rider
and I can sympathize with your problems.  Altho I'm pretty well retired
from shoeing (except my own) the last 10 years of my business I didn"t
travel. All horses were brought in which means there were no missed
appointments, I always had a level, well-lit work area, and all my tools
and equipment were handy.  Because I was working from home and didn't
have to maintain a shoeing truck or spend so much time on the road I
could charge less and spend more time on each horse. I know of other
riders  who travel to the farrier and it certainly seems to work for
them.

Also, I'd just like to add that I'm really enjoying all the info on
ridecamp .  Wonderful!

Susan