Re: Trouble finding reliable farrier : (

Well, I don't like to brag - but we have the most wonderful farrier. His rates
are good, which is nice, because his work is so good on our hard-working
endurance/school/breeding/jumping/dressage horses that we would use him even
if he wasn't a little lower priced. Our horses just don't throw shoes, and on
the rare occasion where our VERY obedient stallion has hit the brakes when
asked so abruptly so as to step on a shoe, Vince has come out almost
immedeidately and AT NO CHARGE to nail that shoe back on. He stays on top of
the newest, most reliable methods, is kind but firm with our horses, and is a
pleasure to work with. He is willing and eager to hear about the owner's
carings, and has no ego to cause friction. In fact, he does such a super job
of shoeing that ona  couple of occaasions where a horse has LOOKED just fine
because the shoes were so secure, I had to pick up tje feet to see that the
shoe was truly wearing and needed replacing.

We have added hoof supplements also which he has perused for us and approved
the one we use for outstanding hoof growth, and for his many good
recommendations he deserves the highest farrier praise. In Southern Cal, where
there is a plethora of farriers - some not very good, many terribly
egotistical - we are fortunate.
sandy