RE: high heart rates and another So. Ca. problem??

In regards to the high, fluctuating heart rates on Roxi's horses, it
sounds like you were experiencing loose connections on your electrode
wires, either that or the contacts were not sticking on the horses.  How
loose were your girths?  This could cause disruption of the contacts and
fluctuations.  When in doubt, jump off and take the horse's pulse by
hand.  Also, if you have an analogue watch (one with a second hand) on
the same arm as your HRM watch, it will interfere.

OK, now as far as So. Ca. is concerned, is anyone out there besides me
in Thousand Oaks experiencing what appears to be the start of a plague
of locusts, to be biblical about it?  Seems that in the past few days,
there are many, many grasshoppers around and it's getting worse.  Now
that we finally have some decent weather, do we have to worry about
this, too?  Nothing like riding along with little bugs crunching
underfoot!  Is it worse further south?  I heard Arizona was bad, too.
Is someone up there trying to tell us something??!!

Barb, Wind Dancer (don't like those bugs in my nose), and Katie
(snapping grasshoppers is fun!)