Re: older horses

In a message dated 98-04-18 10:36:46 EDT, mmcmurra@micron.net writes:

<< At what point does a horse qualify as older. I have a 15-yr-old
 gelding who is a reasonable keeper.  Would he benefit from Equine
 Senior? >>

He's getting there, but as he is a reasonable keeper, it is probably not a big
issue yet.  The two older stallions that we ride (age 16 and 17) both get it
when they are being ridden heavily, but the 17-year-old is an easy keeper and
does not get much when he is laid off.  He turns into a piglet when he is not
working pretty hard, so he only gets enough for a taste and as a carrier for
his EqU-SeE powder then...

Heidi