Re: Fractured Sesamoid?

In a message dated 98-04-18 11:21:32 EDT, bmurdock@cyberhighway.net writes:

<< The vet has recommended that the chip not be removed, and I feel that is
 probably a correct call. If anyone else has had experience with this type of
 injury, I would appreciate a synopsis of your experience, especially rehab
 methods and post injury experience.

 Gonna be a long, lonely summer. >>

We had a filly that kicked the stall and split the top off a sesamoid. After
that, believe me, this filly had no desire to go anywhere fast.

Vet surgically removed the top part of the sesamoid and reattached the
ligament to the remnant of the sesamoid. It too us 9 months to heal and refit
this horse, but she raced and won a couple thereafter.

When we got her back from the hospital, she was in a cast--that slows 'em
down.

ti