Re: Alternative Therapies

Hey guys.. sure the laser WILL and CAN cause healing.. BUT the units
-that  one -would need at the VC , the high power units that can create
a phyical effect.. that is strong enough and fast enough.. to apply a
'quick' fix  cost about $3500..
I recommend the THOR unit --just about the best hi-power portable unit
on the market..now who can really do that..
These little 'red light' things  - as in Bio-Light and the other
assortment of LED devices take 'many' minutes.. like 20 to 30 to get any
reaction.. then it is short lived and requires many applications..
dont think you could do much to fix a problem with $100 special.. may
release a few endophines   but it wont mask a problem.. even a little
one..
You -- read knowledgeable rider -- can learn enough about pressure point
manipulation to do the same thing.. like tTeam..

how about the poll pressure point and the base of the ears.. to get the
pulse to drop.. I can get an easy 4 beats and almost put my horse to
sleep with 2 fingers working the poll..

Is this technique  now illegal?  Its not 'formal' massage
Of course if the horse is 'used up' he will fail CRI

How about the rider just working the muscles  like a rub down and
patting -called cupping.. or kneeding the heavey muscle groups.. is this
no long allowed anymore..
I think thats going to far..
I go over my horses at the vc  feel for tighness  and do light pressue
massage and a lot of streaches spsp-- before we start out on trail..
does this rule now prevent me from doing that?  or only prevent the use
of a 'formal' massage threapist?
How many of us DO give our horse a 'rub down' at the VC.. it helps to
keep them loose keep the blood moving and clear out the the debri..

I have not seen anyone dqed for doing this ..yet..
RR