Re: Laser Therapy

"Cold Laser - Hot Performance"
"Spring had arrived!  Trees were sprouting.  Flowers were blooming.  Show
rings were opening and the competition circuit was in full swing.

After weeks and months of training and preparation my mare and I were ready to
hit the endurance trail.....NOT!

Due to an injured hock from a trailering accident we were sitting on the
sidelines watching race after race pass us by.  I was looking at approximately
two months worth of lay-up plus at least a month of reconditioning before we
could again compete.  I was not a happy camper.

It was about this time that a friend of mine asked to use my mare for a laser
therapy demonstration.  It took about two hours for an overall treatment and
when it was done my mare walked out of that barn sound.  No needles no drugs.
Just an invisible beam of laser light.  To say I was amazed is definitely an
understatement.

It was this incident that sent me on a quest to discover just what laser
therapy was all about.  What is Low Level Laser and what exactly does it do?
Were the results that I had witnessed real or just an appearance of a cure?

The term Laser is an acronym for 'Light Amplification by StimulatedEmmision of
Radiation'.  Therapeutic vetrinary lasers generate light at a wavelength of
904 nanometers.  Normal daylight, by comparison, pulsates at between 400 and
750 nm.  Just as sunlight stimulates a plant to synthesize carbohydrates in
their chlorophyll-containing tissues, in the biological process the laser
light energy is absorbed into the tissues, thereby stimulating the formation
and release of the body'[s own chemical compounds."

These are the first few paragraphs of an article I wrote describing my
experience with laser and low and behold it contains the wavelengths you were
asking about.  I also found a great deal of information, including medical
studies, on the laser.  If you would like to see them e-mail me an address and
I would be happy to send you copies.  Hopes this helps

Randi/Spiritdog Ranch