The Ultimate Prompter

The Ultimate Endurance Rider Prompter is -- of course -- my husband!   He
crews for me on 5-day rides, toting his mountain bike in the back of my
truck.  At lunch and at the finish, he pedals backward along the trail
(if legal) to meet me and tell me how far we are from camp.  (He also
tells everybody else this too).   I've never been so glad to see a d___
bicycle on the trails, as when I see my husband pedalling toward me.
Well, he *did* sink up to his hubs and chainwheels  in the Pahreah River
clay on OT once and was not pleasant at all about that, but I forgave
him.
   BTW, he and his bike were instrumental in getting Dean Jackson to
medical help on the '95 Outlaw Trail.  Riding along with him on the
trail, we saw that Dean was  turning the color of cardboard, keeled over
off his horse a few times, but of course he wouldn't quit.  Trilby hung
back with him, I rode on ahead, met Frank on his bicycle and told him of
the emergency.  He whizzed  back to the VC and by the time Trilby got
Dean (almost unconscious)  down off the gosh-awful mountain, the jeep was
there with driver and RN .  Then Dean refused to get off his horse.  The
RN  told him she couldn't find his pulse and *ordered* him into the jeep.
  That did it.  Dean recovered later (in the hospital) just fine.
   So this is my secret endurance ride advantage -- my hubby and his
mountain bike!  He's not for sale or  rent -- eat your hearts out <VBG>!
Cheers  (;-), Connie B.  (CA)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]