Re: psyllium for sand

Have had very little experience with psyllium as our volcanic ash here does
not seem to be a problem but have leased a couple of mares from southern Cal
that colicked with sand, and tried the psyllium with excellent results.  Had
small amounts of sand in the stool (hence the diagnosis) but we fed psyllium
in huge amounts (literally pounds) and wetted all feed, and tubed additional
water in, etc, and got HUGE amounts of sand out!  So--would have to say that I
recommend it for acute cases in large amounts, but Susan is probably right
about it not being effective in small amounts as a preventative.  Better the
feeders, etc, to prevent the problem.

Heidi