Re: ridecamp forum and topics (fwd)

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:34:41 EDT, Trishmare <Trishmare@aol.com> wrote:

>Dear Susan,
>    I simply felt it was time to express publicly what many, many people have
>been bouncing around privately.  I am not an "in the dark" sort of person.
>Obviously.

Folks, you're seeing exactly why I abandoned the effort to create a FAQ
for Ridecamp about it's purpose, what was on- and off-topic, etc.  No
consensus.  If there is to be such a set of guidelines it will have to
come from the list owner.

I'm of the camp that feels that a light side to the list is benificial,
and prefer a broad view of what's "endurance-related."  I'm by no means
interested in everything that's posted here, so I just skip those that
don't interest me.  But it's not up to me to make the rules.

When Steph shut down the list, I decided that if she gave it up
permanently I would create a new list on my server.  I run several such
lists now, and I'd be happy to run one for endurance.  So this resource
is in no danger of going away, but as long as she's hosting ridecamp I
will not start a competing list.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net