Re: ridecamp forum and topics (fwd)

I totally disagree.  A well structured and on-topic mail list is useful and
efficient.  The rest of the web is littered with garbage-filled list
servers that are of no value to anyone except people who like to see their
name in print.

This mail list, as it is right now, is an exceptional resource.  Steph is
bending over backwards to host it, and she's getting bashed for it.  You
guys have any idea how much it costs her to host it?   Unless and until one
of you is willing to fork over the dough, and can come up with an alternate
"philosophy" that is more egalitarian and humane and open and yet still
serves the needs of this community, let it go.  Or we just might loose a
good thing.

Mike Sofen
Seattle, WA