Re: ridecamp forum and topics (fwd)

Dear Susan,
    I simply felt it was time to express publicly what many, many people have
been bouncing around privately.  I am not an "in the dark" sort of person.
Obviously.

Sincerely,
Trish

<<
  << That said, it is my feeling that your recent "this is MY ball and if you
   kids don't play by MY rules I shall just take it and go home and not let
you
   play with it NO MORE" attitude has done a severe disservice to this forum.
   Recently, in a fit of angst (pms?) you "shut ridecamp down" for three days,
   teach all us bad kiddies a lesson apparently.  Your forum, your choice, and
   would defend to the death your right to do what you did.  When ridecamp
 signed
   back on (as it were) you then made a post in which you reminded all of us
on
   the "fringe" of reality out here that it is only by enormous personal
   sacrifice on your part that ridecamp exists.  We appreciate that fact, but,
 no
   one has ever held a gun to your head over this thing, and one should never
 do
   a favor, as though you expected a receipt.  You either do it for love, or
 you
   do not do it . . . >>

  Trish, isn't this a little dramatic and harsh?  Personally I appreciate a
 well run, focused forum.  I'm tired of all the nonsense crap people love to
 post.  Maybe you should think about opening up your own equine forum where
any
 topic is welcome, and you could also spend the time, money, etc.
administering
 the forum.  I think you might find that it's not a easy as it appears and
 might be better able to understand the necessity of  limiting the topics to a
 particular subject (not that distance riding is a really narrow topic).
Also,
 as in any polite society, there must be rules otherwise chaos rules. > >>