Re: how far to rides?

>Dear Hauls2far
>I disagree strongly with your theories on hauling...

Gee, thanks Angie for the new name..........Probably do haul too
far.......part of life in Florida, but we all  have our crosses to bear.......

As for strong opinions, that's what makes this forum so interesting........

>>I usually like to drive no more than about 600 miles max in one day,
>>but have
>>driven 900 before.
>
>I hope you didn't do that just before or after a competition.

Yep, sure do.......have been doing it for 13 years and 10 years of showing
horses all over the country before that........never had a tie up or colic.
If I have to drive more than 4 hours I do try to get there on Thursday so my
horse has a full days rest.

I find it's better to get to your destination as quickly and safely as
possible and let the horse truly rest before the ride, rather than dragging
the trip out.   My horse has always felt fine when he arrives at the ride site
and when he unloads at home (even after a 100 mile ride) he takes off at a
gallop when he's turned out in the pasture.

Cindy Bell
Southeast Region