Re: Pit Crew Segregation and Sufficient Water

>Concerning the statement:
>
><< ... you miss my point....  My problem is to provide a fair competition >>
>
>I don't think I missed it.  I'm just saying that your interpretation of fair
>competition results in more risk to every horse than if pit crews are

>Is "fair" in this or any safety issue worth that price? Would it be if the
>AERC
>and ride management potentially shared the legal/financial responsibility
>for a tragedy that may be due to a rule interpretation that sacrifices safety
>in order to promote fairness?  Would their insurance companies agree?

This sounds pretty threatening to me, and entirely too syptomatic of our
ligtiginous society that is all too ready to blame someone else for our poor
judgement when misfortune occurs.  IMHO, the responsibility for a problem
under these circumstances rests squarely on the rider pushing his horse too
hard, *not* on the ride manager for banning crewing out on the trail.

>Interesting how the desire to promote fairness and prevent "money" from
>giving any competitor an edge may be tempered when the decision maker
>could be risking his or her own funds...

Interesting how people are so willing to use threats and intimidation to get
their own way....

>That's all for me on this topic.

Good!

Paddy
Patty and the Rainbow Pasos
Rainbow Paso Fino Ranch
Clayton, WA   99110

Standing Coral's Palomilo de Vez
breeding stock carrying the bloodlines of Favorito Que Tal, Coral LaCE,
Pincel and Sonador.