Re: NIght Riding/Trimming Trails

In a message dated 98-04-15 19:41:13 EDT, Mitts-N@mail.mssc.edu writes:

<< Heidi, I meant we are not ALLOWED to trim/cut new trails. We do trim, but
 if we ask they'll say no. No chain saws for sure. Nancy >>

What is their rationale?  Are you in a national monument?  We have chainsaw
closure if the fire danger is bad, but otherwise can use them, even in the
monument, provided we do not pack them in with motorized vehicles.  (The
penalty in my broodband for not having a foal at side is being a pack horse
for trail clearing...)  We really stress to the FS that if we do not do a good
job of clearing, we could have injured people, and that seems to get them on
our side.  Seems like we are losing our rights to our public lands left and
right these days--it is an ongoing battle here.

Heidi