Re:Banamine

>	I wouldn't have been concerned about the horse being
>stoned--Banamine
>doesn't do that. But I *would* have been fairly concerned about the
>possibility of renal damage--I suspect the horse would have been less
>than
>optimally hydrated, and 3x the dose is not trivial...

If he had realized he did it, he never would have gone back out.  He's a
conservative guy.  We only thought it was funny, since we didn't figure
out what had happened until a week later when we were sorting things out.

As long as we're on the subject.  Last week, we were about 5-7 miles into
a race, going up a big mountain, when we met a rider coming back down
leading her horse which she said was trying to tie up.  It wasn't
resisting movement, and didn't look all sweaty/lathered.  The pack was
going very slow due to extreme rocky conditions.  There was no way for
the horse to get back to camp but to walk out...or for vets to walk in.
A rider in our group gave her a tube of banamine paste.  I know it's best
to wait for a vet before giving any medications in some situations, like
on into the ride when things could be all out of balance...but what's
your advice in a situation like this?

Angie and Kaboot (Is she going the wrong way?)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]