Re: Pit Crew Segregation and Sufficient Water

Concerning the statement:

<< ... you miss my point....  My problem is to provide a fair competition >>

I don't think I missed it.  I'm just saying that your interpretation of fair
competition results in more risk to every horse than if pit crews are
permitted to meet their horses anywhere on the trail.  Just because
it "isn't your problem" doesn't mean that your decisions can't make
the problem better or worse.

Is "fair" in this or any safety issue worth that price? Would it be if the
AERC
and ride management potentially shared the legal/financial responsibility
for a tragedy that may be due to a rule interpretation that sacrifices safety
in order to promote fairness?  Would their insurance companies agree?

Interesting how the desire to promote fairness and prevent "money" from
giving any competitor an edge may be tempered when the decision maker
could be risking his or her own funds...

That's all for me on this topic.

Ride safe this weekend, everyone.
Thanks for ridecamp, Steph.

Scott