Re: riding in the dark

>> is illegal to go and catch them and bring them back home!  It also
>means,
>> technically, that 100 mile endurance rides are illegal in New York
>state!

>This would only be true if the ride were along roads.  Are they?

Well, At least some of the rides would cross roads.  But really, there
aren't many rides in NYS.  A few little competitive trail, but no
endurance.  We have to go to Canada, or down south to endurance ride.
That really sux for gas money + stuff.  The Notheast isn't the biggest
region because there are a lots of endurance riders around here, you
know!  I wish there were!

I think I would love it if I lived in a region where there were a lot of
endurance riders!  We woulnd't have rides only once a month, and we
wouldn't have to drive for so many hours!  Maybe we wouldn't even have to
condition on roads!

>kat
>Orange County, Calif.
>
>p.s.  This is probably such an obscure law that nobody, not even the
>police, know about it...so it might as well not exist.

Actually, the law was made a few years ago when a guy got killed riding
his horse on the roads at night.  Bad wreck.  We didn't know about the
law until recently, though.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]