Re: Prompting by definition -Spirit of Endurance

I have carried my 2 meter "ham" radio with me on many rides. i have use
it to talk with other 'hams' at base  camp.. however my crew has not had
a unit to talk with me..
I have used it one time at a ride when i came upon a hurt horse.. to
call in the vets and the trailer..
if my crew .. was supported  by another ham.. i would not think letting
them know where i was or when i was getting to the stop or checking on
them - would be in violation of the rules--as i read them..
i dont see when i would get much of an advantage. the use would be like
the indy cars racers..hows the horse doing  do i need anything when i
get there.. just the info that would be passed to the rider and road
crew at the varoius check points along the way..

you know -- the same thing was said about hrm use about 10 years ago..
there was talk about not allowing the use during a race.. that was in
aerc and a few of the ctr groups..
those who did not use them felt it gave those who did an fair
advantage.. yeah so what the problem?  hehehe

would the use of a gps fall into that same catagory?  i can tell when I
am comming up on vc if the maps miles etc are close..and I can check my
speed -pace also. un fair?
dont think so
I have been considering getting a set of the new vhf radios  with a
range of a mile or so  to use when I get back to 100 milers   to let my
crew I am comming in..
more important then get info from them..

my helmet could get over loaded with all the antenna and visor mounted
monitor..
next product line ?  hahaha
roger r