SPOOKED AT SPASM ??

Last July I bought a six year old Arab (will be seven in two weeks).
He's been ridden all Winter,  three to four times a week.....indoor
Dressage and 8 to 12 mile trail rides.

I'm conditioning him for Competitive Trail Rides.  Last Tuesday I rode 12
miles and was walking the last mile back to the stable.  The road was open
and quiet,  nothing significant to spook at.....and he's NEVER bucked.

Suddenly he bucked violently (only once) and I ended up on my back on the
road....have been too sore to ride since.  An "animal communicator"
acquaintance of mine had a "vision"  of back pain when I told her what
happened and she rarely misses the mark.

Has anyone had a horse "spook" at a muscle spasm,  and what might I do to
avoid a recurrence?  I don't think this 67 year old frame could survive
another meeting like that with the road.

John