kickers

I have concerns about the horses that will not be allowed if they are
kickers.  What makes a horse a kicker?  What Happened to the unwritten rule
of red ribbons in kickers so we know who kicks?

I have been at rides in line for the vet check and keep my distance from
the horse in front of me when someone will cut in or push from behind so I
will move forward.  I've had people bring their horse right behind me, my
horse doesn't know this horse and of course may not want to make a new
friend will put his ears back then I have to get after him before he kicks
when all he is doing is protecting his space which should not of been a
problem in the first place.

I really think alot of times it's the humans with the horse that cause the
problems.  If you think your horse wll kick at a passing horse, mark your
horse with the red ribbon and let others know that he may kick, if he is a
kicker move off the trial to let people pass without a problem them rules
for kickers would not be needed, and DON"T come right up behind someone in
line at a vet check you may get kicked or your horse that has never kicked
at anything may kick someone or another horse!

Cookie Hickstein