Re: Leaving after ride

>      It's hard on the ride vet to be asked to stay over--at least in
>my
>case--I lose money every time I vet a ride.

I understand.  I was wondering about a few alternatives for my ride.

Plan A:  We are hiring 3 vets, mainly because there are two vet checks
that are a good drive from each other.  We can get by with only 2 vets to
vet in on Friday.  We are paying all three vets the same amount.  What do
you think about telling vet number 3 they don't have to be there until
Sat. but have to stay that night?

Plan B:  I happen to know that several good endurance vets plan to
compete in our ride.  I know it's not fair to ask them to act as vets
during a ride emergency, but has anyone considered being "on call" the
night after.  I know they don't haul their whole vet truck around with
them, but I bet they carry enough to stabilize their own horse if there's
trouble.  I'm not wanting something for nothing.  I just would like to
insure the health of the horses with the least possible inconvenience to
vets, who are inconvenienced enough. By the way, the nearest vet to our
ride sight has vetted one ride before, but is notoriously overworked and
loyal to his regular customers.  I'd just hate to depend on him for a
quick response.  You'll never know how bad I wanted to be able to
administer fluids when that horse was staggering around at Witchdance.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]