Re: Conditioning young horse?

David Leon wrote:

> [...]
Dear David;
Please refer to an article this month by Donna Snyder Smith in the
Endurance News.  She talks about starting young horses, and how much
they are harmed by starting them too young.  Especially if yours is
arabian, remember she's not fully mature until around age 7(this has
been my experience) so starting her young is not in her best interest.
If you like this horse, and want her to be the best she can be, don't
ride her until at least 3, preferably 4 years old.  You aren't missing
anything!
The thoroughbred world races their babies at age 2. They have cripples
by age 5.  Think about it.
Katee