Re: LD - CRT - NATRC - ETC

As a SE rider-- I agree with Truman .. I have seen a few and I mean a
few  riders really push  on the ld,s   but this year   it was the 50
milers that needed most of the treatment vets at a few rides .. there
were some really HOT rides..the weather was not normal for the time.
The LD,s finished before it got hot.. none in trouble .. the 50's did
not fair too well.

The LD.s are fine as is.. CTR is the correct place to learn about pacing
and general basic care..for many.. but a good rider can do the same on a
25 ld.

I have to be carefull how I make comments about Natrc   more on that
later..
but I was at a ride with my young 6 yr old.. on a ONE day 30 ctr.. we
were out first  , the open 2 day riders  came out later.. but were all
going very fast on a rough part of the trail about 3 miles out .. they
all flew by my guy  two riders actually made contact  pushed us off the
trail and left.. of course it blew him away.. had a terriable ride the
rest of the day.. it was his second ride... ever.. what did he learn
be afraid  of horses comming behind..
we have not done a ride since..he is in JL re-training..
Will I take him to a CTR   NO.. He is going to a LD  WHY?
I can let all the racers go out, then we can leave and go with a few
that will ride slow..like maybe Carol-- on her 'new' renta horse.. and
others who are using the LD for training..
then IF he acts up I cn get off walk along work the JL stuff with him
and get on.. no judging  no rules just get around in 6 hrs..with a sound
horse.. and as JL says.. I dont hurt, the horse does not get hurt   AND
we finish better then we started..

AFTER he does this a few times or so.. I will go back to CTR to work out
the pacing thing  and to build him up -- on 2 day open rides.. then over
to the 50 milers---
And he does all the horsemanship stuff -tricks  like side pass and back
up in a circle..for no good reason except I asked him to do it..
There is a place for CTR.. it is NOT in AERC..
The LD's are fine as they are.. and as Angie said.. just shut off the
riders.. that abuse their horses..
rr.