Re: LD - CRT - NATRC - ETC

>I'm sure there are other rules.  If people want to go by these
>rules, then go to a CRT.  Don't add more rules to Endurance,
>even Limited Distance Endurance.

Let me put my SERA cap on now.

The SE region is THE limited distance region.  We have produced the LD
milage champion the past two years and I see no end in sight for that.
Anyone that does 600 plus LD miles is got to be somewhat demitted but
aren't we all.

There are many "professional" LD riders in the southheast.  They run their
horses hard - 1 hour 40 minute 25 comes to mind, but there horses are
capable of doing it. BTW the winning time for the 50 at that ride was 3:25
which is about the same pace - and yes it wa a real 25 and a real 50 miles.
 These people are not riding 4 year olds into the ground.  They condition
their horses to do what they ask them to do and they are very capable of
doing it.

We in SERA have done a lot of work to get our arms around the LD issues and
I think we have a good handle on it - probably better than the other
regions.  This year we standarized BC scoring for LD rides.  We already
have a min time sport - CTR.  I think we have some things to work out but
for the most part I think we can get there without such a radical change
puting a min distance on LD.

Truman