RE scratches

I have fought with scratches for almost a year . Last week I started
using Vit E creme (looks like vasiline) from the health food store and
mixed tee tree oil into it. I scrub the area with an antibacterial
shampoo a couple times a week. This seems to be working . I have no sign
of scabbing at this time. I also have tried everything. I had luck with
some stuff but scratches always returned.
I thinkit is the photosensitivity kind of scratches. They are on the
side of the fetlock not the heel.
I also put her on vitamins and massage the area to improve circulation.
I do trim the hair but not shave it to alow for better application of
meds and keeps the dirt from fouling the area so much.
If nothing else this last year has taught my mare to stand in a bucket
of water:-)
Paddi