Re: Re Attitude(long)

,any sugestions on what to
>do
>about this person.
>I will ride to enjoy myself!!!!!!!!!!

I've given this some thought lately, and I believe the Amish have the
right idea.  I think we at AERC should officially adopt "Shunning".  If
there is an argument on Ridecamp that we're really tired of...ignore it
until it festers on itself and disappears, any response just encourages
it. If there is a really obnoxious person, SHUN them.  They can't protest
it, they can't accuse you of "Doing" anything to them.

  Offensive actions on their part are often a part of their obsession
with being the center attraction.  If this person is bad enough to have
to call a meeting about her behavior, I think that if she spoke to me, I
would focus on the horizon and keep going.  If she showed up at our
campfire, I would refuse to acknowlege any comment she made.  It's really
a devestating form of punishment, but it's got to be done right.  You
don't just "not be friendly", you've got to refuse to acknowlege their
existance.  I've noticed several ride managers who did their own version
of this when forced to give an award to one of these types.  It's like a
muttered, "First place goes to xxx", "2nd place...coming in with a horse
that just looked wonderful, doing a great job of pacing and a fantastic
person is:xxxxx".

Angie McGhee (Please don't ignore me!)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]