Re Attitude(long)

Hi all,
Yep am on a roll today,my computer has just been returned it crashed:-(.At
my last endurance ride I withdrew from the ride after I took a wrong turn(4
of us)it was a quarter mile shorter than the right way(so I was told
afterwards)the course was not marked properly,so I withdrew instead of
going back 18 miles,it was far too hot and humid to do that to my mare(who
always has high pulses)We had caught up 15 minutes with the front runner
who rides to win at all costs(no this is not sour grapes)the year before
she shoved my mare sideways to get ahead before the checkpoint.This persons
behaviour was appalling a total drama queen she came in screamming for the
Master of the Ride,yelling on top of her cvoice about lack of water(there
was ample water) and the fact that we had caught up with her.At least I
stuck to the rules,which applied to some and not to others,even the vets
sympathised with me for the manner she made her complaints was uncalled
for,she should have made a written complaint(thats the rules)We ther four
of us could have got time penalties,and could have continued.Anyway when
she came in after the last leg I congratulated her,then I saw she was
crying,I went over and offered to help her with her horse,she promtly
started swearing and screamming at me,I was most taken aback,and walked
away horrified,this is no way for anyone to behave at a ride especially
when there are young juniors around.She got away with her behaviour which I
felt was wrong.I have been doiung endurance for the last 8 years,I ride
because I love the sport,my horses love it and are suited to this sport.If
I win which happens quite often ,its a bonus,I never ride to the detrement
of my horses.This person is riding a novice horse,and rides to win at all
costs,I feel for her horse,it wont last much longer ,various people have
spoken to her with no success at all.When we got home I thought to myself
if this is what the sport is going to be like I actually want no part of
it.A commitee meeting was held about her behaviour she was supposed to
attend but did not,just sent in a letter about how great she and her horse
are.We attended but we also declinned to fly into her about her behaviuor
as she was not there to defend herself.
Had I been a totally selfish ***** I could have had the whole ride declared
null and void I would not do that to the other 50 riders that took
part.this person would have felt nothing to have done that.
To finish is to win not the other way round.We will meet up again
tommorow,with this person the same thing is bound to happen.My husband says
I must ride to win,I refuse to do that it takes the fun out of the
ride.(for me that is)My mare has been doing endurance for over 11 years and
is still sound ,that is what counts is it not,she can win (my mare)if I set
my mind to it.So we shall see what happens,any sugestions on what to do
about this person.
I will ride to enjoy myself!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
Kathy and "Shanni,mom let me have a go at her she will never keep up with
me anyway!!!""
http//196.7.177.40/aht/