Re: LD question

>Question: Would you like to see a minimum time rule applied to LD rides?
>
>(the formula could vary, but a mild version might be in the neighborhood
>of 7 or 8 mph max - 3 to 4 hours minimum to complete a 25 miler).

I'm curious -- how do you actually measure the mileage?  I have some
favorite ride areas for different reasons -- one of them is miles of
logging road on some moderate hills for when I want close and
convenient...another is quite a climb with a spectacular view of the
Cascades and the valley below...3-4 hours on one is a LOT more work than
3-4 hours on the other.  And I'm sure that I'm not covering as much ground
when I'm climbing up and down the steep stuff as I am when I have a chance
to get a nice trot stretch down the road and really cover some distance for
the time.

Would a minimum time limit be adjusted for the different types of terrain?

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.