Re: LD question

Heidi said:

"When you apply minimum times, you essentially have CTR's, and the more I
see
and the more I hear on this forum, the more I believe that we should be
abandoning LD's in favor of CTR's anyway. "

I would like to comment on this as someone who did many years of NATRC,
started LD and graduated to endurance. I will not EVER go back to CTR
because of the 'obstacles' and human judging!!!!! While appropriate in some
cases, these 'obstacles' often put the riders AND the horses through undue,
unnecessary, and unlikely stressful situations. I also do not believe that
it is important to have all horse tied a certain way (my stallion can UNTIE
the NATRC approved knot) overnight, etc. My biggest beef is the 'forward
progress' rules. Most know what I mean, so I won't recount them all.

Point here being - LD with time frames is NOT the same as CTR.

Thanks for letting me climb on the soapbox... :-)

Stephanie Wind McCray , Vic (the wonder-stud), Rose, and Nora (future
champion)
Tucson  AZ