Re: LD question

 If we opt for a minimum time, it is difficult for novices
>to always guage their time,...

I guess I was just lucky.  On my first LD, there were markes on trail every
5 miles.  I hit one every hour!!!  This had been my plan from the get go, 8
weeks before the ride, when I first found out about the ride.  Kept my pace
(didn't SEE another horse ) and finished with an hour to spare.

At least one way to help ANYONE new, be it LD or 50's, mileage markers, or
landmarks with known milage would really help...

Vet # 1 is so many miles.  Water bucket #2 is so many miles....etc.

Most rides DO DO THIS!  We need to make sure newbies know what to do with
this information!

IMO

Becky Hackworth
(never been over-time)