cinches

From: Wendy Thiede
Email: autsys@execpc.com

Read posts about cinch sore; my horse also gets sore from neoprene, felt, fleece, or whatever, possibly because I have to cinch tight.  I also think the cinches are too wide, and the neoprene ones are too fat.  I have been searching for a narrow cinch--too bad no one makes a western style cinch shaped at the elbows like English girths.  Meanwhile, I have managed to keep the horse from getting sores by greasing her behind the elbows with Bag Balm.  I do this at every vet stop; it's messy, but no sores. A cheap, narrow fleece girth works best.