Re: Negative Treatment Towards LD riders and horses!

>>	many times we have been going along a single track trail to
>hear "50 coming" yelled at us from behind, like where in hell should
>we move to to let the 'fabulous 50'

Gee, I've had the same thing, only it was "25 Fron tRunners!".  There are
bound to be some conflicts with so many of us out there who go different
speeds on one trail.

  Last year at Big South Fork, a group of 50's that I was riding with
(running between 15-20th place) was overtaken by a 25 who was going for
the 'Win" .  He galloped by us really screwing our horses up.  We got
them in control and almost settled back into their pace, came around a
curve and there he was again, we had caught him.  He took a frantic look
over his shoulder and tore out again.  This went on for several miles and
I'd finally had enough.  I let Kaboot out and ran him down, and said "WE
ARE 50 MILERS...WE DON'T MATTER TO YOU, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP RACING US!"
 Poor guy.  He was clueless.  He didn't mean us any harm.  He was all
excited trying to "WIN".

I agree with the post that said, identify rude behavior by behavior.  Not
distance.  I know some 50's who have never learned how to act.  I can't
do a thing about them.  I also know some LD's who are great.  I don't
blame them for the poor guy who tried to race us in.  By the way.  He ran
his horse right into the vet check and stood around looking confused
while some other 25's came in and vetted through before him.  :-)

Why can't everybody just be sweet?
Angie and Kaboot

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]