Re: How slow is a 'slow' pace?

Amy,

Hi I find that we average a 7mph pace on our ld rides.  That includes
mostly trot, some cantering and some walking.  My friend brings her GPS and
it will tell us our average mph, and lately at that pace we usually top 10.
I don't feel like that pace is actually really slow but then we aren't
racing either.  Now my lazy guy will slow down on conditioning rides and I
can barely eek out a slow 5 mph trot the whole way using my crop to remind
him occasionally:}

I don't know about the 50's yet, but we'll find out in May!

                                 Cheryl Newbanks
                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch
~~~\   _  ~~/ /\ /       Buckeye, AZ
       ( )__     ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com